Back at Tapas 39, a return visit after a nice outing here some months ago. Tapas 39, a part of a private by-invitation-only Club 39, is a under-the-radar restaurant located along Duxton Hill’s leafy cobble-stoned lane that is rowed with quaint shophouse; arguably the most “Parisian” part of Singapore.
The S$65 (some reasonable supplement applies) tasting menu for 5 items from the whole (yes, whole!) menu is unbeatable value; many of the dishes are fine-dining standard, beautifully plated by burly but friendly Chilean Chef Rodrigo.
Here’s our pig-out of 12 items in order of our ranking: 1. Black Angus sliders, sautéed onions, cheddar cheese .
2. Grilled lamb chop, corn puree (so good that we had 2 portions)
3. Linguine with burrata cheese, scallop, caviar (the real stuff!).
4. Tuna tataki, mashed avocado.
5. Gourmet pizza with Jamon Iberico.
6. Croquette with mushroom and foie-gras.
7. Mini lobster roll with wasabi mayonnaise.
8. Stuffed pasta rounds with lobster sauce.
9. Bamboo clams with artichokes.
10. Dessert of Tiramisu.
11. Chef Rodrigo comped us the Ginger & Apple creme bulee.
An awesome meal – Chef Rodrigo is a man to watch. Do give Tapas 39 a try – and don;t forget to take a leisurely evening stroll around one of the best walks in Singapore to work off your feast – and I’ll bet that you will feast.
Tapas 39 (Restaurant has closed)
39 Duxton Hill
Phone: +65 6221 4235